Effective (Date TBA) 2018
As a regional and new world leader in tantalum mining, processing and the production of tantalum metal products, MPT is highly committed to offering the safest work environment to our employees and contractors and in ensuring that our work practices are environmentally responsible. This policy is further reflected in our commitment to serving as an industry champion for a conflict-free supply chain.
In the hope to contribute our fair share of efforts to combat illegal trade and use of conflict minerals to finance wars in conflict-affected areas, MPT is eagerly seeking to join the Electronic Industry Citizenship Coalition (EICC) in 2018 and. As first and sold active member of the EICC in the region, MPT’s processing sites in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania will always be subject to the rigorous Conflict Free Smelter audit program
We will maintain a “Conflict-Free Smelter” status through the EICC/GeSI (Global e-Sustainability Initiative) and report any suspect dealings to our international clients, associates, organizations and NGOs and all parties concerned with immediate effect of any sort of findings that may be suspected to be a source of conflict minerals (3T’s)
MPT is committed to the following:
- Develop our in-house finger printing of Minerals working with Carl Zeiss Microscopy Limited https://www.zeiss.com
- Work hand on hand with all our partners, organizations and agencies to maintain, promote, establish ethical supply direct from the source, http://www.lizmuller.com
- Maintain and support all regulations to promote socially responsible trade and socio-economic development to villages and communities in the region,
- Comply with applicable legislation such as, the U.S. Dodd-FrankWall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act (July, 2010),
- Comply fully without any exception with OECD Due Diligence Guidance for Responsible Supply Chains to source raw material via Tanzania,
- Welcome our investors, clients, agencies, NGO’s to our smelter and mines to witness our in-house procedures to combat conflict-mineral trade and sourcing at anytime.
Together, MPT is confident of maintaining an ethically responsible sourcing of tantalum direct from the source, contributing to socioeconomic development of villagers, paying taxes & royalties to governments, raising awareness of smuggled minerals in the region, investing/training miners’ safety, paying better wages and prices to miners for their minerals as well as promoting environmental protection in Africa!